The difference between influential leaders and dysfunctional leaders is rooted in their mindset. Our mindset consists of general attitudes that shape the way we think about things and how we make sense of the world. Here are some damaging mindsets to have as a leader.
1. They need to change. I am just fine (fixed mindset).
2. I am going to ignore this feedback because they just don’t understand me (closed mindset).
3. I am not going to change because that’s just the way I am (victim mindset).
4. I want and need everyone to like me (people pleaser mindset).
5. I am going to wait for an opportunity to come to me (fear-driven mindset).
Reference: Moberly Monitor – Tony Richards