Music evokes emotion and conveys messages in various ways. Many people have a song they can relate to that inspires them, makes them sad, brings back memories, relaxes them, and sometimes annoys them.
You can listen to the same song at different times and have a different experience depending on what you are going through at that moment.
Whatever your pleasure, there’s music to fit the occasion. Think about:
- The way teachers use music to teach their students.
- How companies brand their product or service with jingles or popular songs.
- How lyrical references in songs can inspire change, influence what we buy, and how we treat each other.
- How incorporating the element of music into a film helps the audience emotionally connect.
- How rhythmic chanting invites cultural healing.
- How music elevates your mood when working out.
- How music uplifts you spiritually.
- The therapeutic benefit of music for those with physical disabilities and the list goes on.
Now imagine a world without music.