I came across an article this weekend that touched on facing today’s fears, living today’s dreams, creating new stories, and understanding ourselves. The lessons that follow help to move us to those ends.
1. If you want to change the world, you have to fall in love with what already is. The same goes for changing yourself.
2. Listen to your doubts. They not only teach you of your fears but also your wisdom.
3. It’s okay to claim all is well amid doubt and confusion and to be happy despite challenges.
4. Your feelings are your choice. What manifests after may not be. Choose wisely.
5. What you say does not determine your honesty, but why you say it.
6. Never decide until you have to.
7. Take full responsibility for your life and never forget to have fun.
8. Always see work as play and play as important. Soon you won’t know the difference between the two.
9. The trick to being in the right place at the right time is knowing you already are.
10. The secret to living the life of your dreams is to start living them at once, however humbly, to any degree you can.
With so many shifts happening throughout the world, there are some things that withstand the test of time: Life’s Lessons. What lessons can you add to the list? Part 1 of 2.
1. Choose work that is in harmony with your values. 2. Commit yourself to constant self-improvement. 3. Don’t waste time grieving over past mistakes. Learn from them and move on. 4. Judge your success by the degree that you’re enjoying peace, health, and love. 5. Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation. 6. Seek opportunity, not security. A boat in a harbor is safe, but in time, it’s bottom will rotten out. 7. Be decisive even if it means you’ll sometimes be wrong. 8. Take charge of your attitude. Don’t let someone else choose it for you. 9. Start meetings on time regardless of who’s missing. 10. Improve your performance by improving your attitude. 11. Every person that you meet knows something you don’t; learn from them. 12. Do not expect others to listen to your advice and ignore your example 13. Do the right thing, regardless of what others think. 14. Give as much attention to what is positive in your life as you do the challenges. 15. Don’t dismiss a good idea simply because you don’t like the source.