Patience is the hardest when we need it the most, but it is the key to achieving our goals.
Living in a world where instant gratification has become the norm, we’ve lost touch with the benefits of waiting.
- We’re quick to become physically intimate with a person before really knowing who they are.
- Quick to speak without fully hearing and understanding.
- Quick to give up on our goals when we’re close to attaining them.
- Quick to blame others for our troubles instead of identifying where we may have gone wrong.
- Quick to move on to someone or something else because we believe the grass is greener on the other side, etc.
In our age of instant everything, we’ve lost our ability to wait.
We expect to learn patience instantly, and in our hurry, we miss the contradiction.
Often, what we so desperately want at the moment, is soon forgotten.
Consuming today and forgetting about tomorrow limits us to an even greater reward in our future.
We often expect quick changes in our lives, but our journey is a lifelong process. Changes and successes happen over time.
When we are close to a situation, it can be hard to see progress, but when you take time to reflect, you’ll find that things have been working according to plan all along.